Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Turning Point

I woke up with Whitney Houston in my head singing, "The Greatest Love of All."(http://youtu.be/IYzlVDlE72w)  Not surprising given her untimely death and the fact that today is Valentine's Day. I've never really liked this holiday for what it stands for. There's always so much pressure to find the right gift, wonder if he'll remember, and if he remembers, will he do anything for you...Blah, Blah, Blah...

Here's what I've learned over the years that helps me get through "V" day:
  1. He will wait until February 14th to buy me a card.
  2. He will probably get me a box of chocolates that will blow my diet and be made by a company that uses child labor.
  3. It won't matter, because he already has given me so much.
Yes, boys and girls, for me V day is not about flowers, candy or heart shaped balloons.  For me, V day is about GIVING love.  I treasure sitting side by side watching, "The Big Bang Theory," and listening to him laugh, much more than dozens of roses.

Despite the hardships of the last six months, today I am counting myself lucky.  I am legally bound to the man I love.  And THAT makes me very happy.

As for the rest?  I've long felt Valentine's Day was a turning point.  New life fast approaches from this moment forward; it's the doorway to Spring.  If I get one wish this V-Day, I wish that my luck would begin to change, starting now, with this first honest smile in months.

Thank you, Lord, for hanging in there with me.

XOXOXOX TO YOU IF YOU'RE READING THIS, YOU'RE LOVED! XOXOXOXOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment