Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Incredible Lightness of Being

My life is a MESS!  I have so many reasons that I could be unhappy.  Don't worry, I'm not going to list them.  Not only is it boring and redundant, I just don't wanna! 

I AM HAPPY!  And I hope that you are happy too.  :)

There's something to be said for happiness and being happy.  As a middle aged person, the idea struck me anew that I could choose to be happy.  I'm sure I knew that once, long ago, when summers were filled with riding bikes and swimming instead of work and driving.

And so I am choosing.  Every day.  It's been a struggle, choosing happiness, after letting the winds of fate choose my mood for years.  Yet I'm making progress.  PROactive instead of REactive.  I like it.

Try it yourself!  Be happy!  Those around you will respond the same way.  It's amazing how much our moods are reflected in the moods of those around us!

With everything that's gone wrong, I am so thankful for the things that have gone right.  When life was bleak, God took care of this family.  We didn't have more than we needed, but we had enough.  For what more could I ask?

:)

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment