Friday, July 10, 2020

Summer, 2020



My first COVID-19 test came back negative.  I didn't realize how much I'd been holding my breath until the results came back.  Now, someone else close to me is waiting.  

Life feels like it's in a holding pattern.  Just when we think we have things somehow under "control" and are used to staying away from each other while gathering, a wrench is thrown into the plans.  

This is a year of drive-by birthday parties, watching babies grow from a distance, missing hugs and laughter, and waiting. 

There is so much anger at the establishment.  So much anger at the lack of leadership from elected officials.  So much anger at economic and racial disparities.  So much anger at authoritarian dictator bullshit.

SO MUCH ANGER AND FRUSTRATION at not having even an iota of control over this situation and a sense of time wasted that will never be recovered.

This is a picture of my backyard.  They are baling CRP grass.  If you look closely, there is light in the shadows-you just have to know where to look.  May we all continue the search.

No comments:

Post a Comment