Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Club

This will come as no surprise to you, I'm sure. Our legislators are out of touch with the reality of the public. I live in Kansas and today read about the Governor's plan to reduce and eliminate childhood poverty. His plan is for the parents of these children to get married. Yes, that's it.

I've been aware of Gov. Brownback's plan for quite awhile now, it having been part of his platform when running for office. Yes, it still upsets me, but I fail to understand who people who voted for him were unaware that this was part of his plan for the state! Please, PLEASE! vote. and before you vote, at least go to each candidate's website and read their platform, or watch and listen to what they're saying. This should come as no surprise to anyone in Kansas.

What surprises me even more than that are folks who have lived in poverty not supporting those who are still there. It's almost like once you leave the club, you don't want anyone to know you were ever a member. And I understand why, truly I do. It's difficult to empathize when you've been successful.

(Just a sidebar here...if your parents paid for you to go to college, paid for your first house, or you are still living at home or taking money from your parents while you work a full-time job, you DID NOT make it on your own! WAKE UP!)

I'll admit I'm naive. However, when I see people who have been outcasts, poor, homeless, avoid places where others in the same situation reside, or congregate, I don't understand.

Another recent refrain from those who typically do not vote as I would is, "They're just jealous," or some other such nonsense. No, I do NOT envy you. In most cases, I pity you. If you can't hold a conversation with most people, or invite them to your house because you're afraid it will affect your social standing, YOU'RE A PRETENDER! Get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment